With Special Thanks to Kitchen Coach, we are so pleased to share what we think is the ONLY Chocolate Brownie recipe you will ever need!
• ½ Cup/65g Coconut flour
• 3 Tbsp/25g Tapioca starch/flour
• ⅓ Cup/80g Coconut sugar
• ¼ Cup/25g Cacao powder
• 1 Tbsp/5g Organic Instant coffee grounds (optional, and if not organic, omit)
• 3 Tbsp/20g Flaxmeal
• 2 tsp Psyllium husk powder
• ¼ tsp Baking powder
• ¼ tsp Baking soda
• ½ tsp Salt
• 1 ½ Cup/200g Raspberries, Strawberries, Blueberries, Blackberries or other berries, frozen or fresh
• 1 tin/400g Coconut Cream (full fat)
• 3 Tbsp/50g Coconut oil
• 2 tsp Vanilla
• 1 ¼ Cup/200g Dark Chocolate, chopped, ½ Cup reserved
1. Prepare a baking dish suitable for your desired shape of brownies. The approximate size should be around 600-700cm2 (25cm x 25cm square or 30cm diameter round) for a 2cm thick brownie.
Line this with baking paper or smear lightly with coconut oil and dust with coconut flour.
2. Pre-heat the oven to 180°C (350°F). Place the rack in the middle of the oven.
3. Combine all the dry ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Toss the frozen or fresh fruit through this to coat them.
4. In a small saucepan, heat the coconut cream and oil to nearly a boil, stirring regularly.
5. Remove from the heat and add ¾ Cup of the dark chocolate to melt through. Stir in the vanilla.
6. Mix in the dry ingredients with the wet and add the remaining chocolate at the very end to have some chocolate chunks to bite into.
7. Spread evenly into the baking dish. Bake for approximately 30- 35min.
8. It is recommended to chill fully before slicing for best results, but lets not kid ourselves, have a warm squishy brownie, maybe with a bite of some yummy coconut ice cream while you can. 🙂