What is Nia?
This week we take 10 minutes to chat with Fresh Nia Instructor Susanne McAllister about Nia Movement and everything that it entails…
Tell us about yourself:
I have worked in private practice as a Wellness Coach, Counsellor, Mentor and Clinical Hypnotherapist over the last 15 years in Spain, Germany and Australia. I have been teaching Nia Dance on the Sunshine Coast in various locations for over 5 years.
What are your qualifications?
I have a BA S Sc Counselling, MA Transformative Teaching, Meditation Teacher, Clinical Hypnotherapist, Hypnobirthing Facilitator, Wellness/Health Coach and I am a Nia teacher.
What are your passions?
Being completely in my body, honoring it’s needs on a mind, body and spirit basis and then witnessing that transformation and pure bliss in my students.
What does a Nia Session involve?
Dancing barefoot to soul-stirring music, adapting every experience to individual needs and abilities. Following the “Joy of Movement” with Nia, and positively shape the way you feel, look, think and live.
What are your thoughts on healthy living and integrating with a holistic centre?
My life’s work, passion and mission is to provide a range of integrated wellness therapies and Nia Dance. This mind/body approach is designed to treat, support, empower and inspire. The integrated holistic health centre offers everything to Get Well, Stay Well , Live Well and Flourish. I am very excited to be part of this centre, it will help our clients to live a healthier, happier life for longer.
Who would like Nia sessions?
EveryBody, age, size, shape, 2 left feet that enjoys funky music, community and would like to condition their body’s and feeling their soul. Because Nia is – part dance, part Pilates, part yoga, part low-impact aerobics, part meditation, part gentle stretches, with a good measure of martial arts like Tai Chi and Tai Kwando thrown in too. And because Nia makes you feel energised and alive and connected to yourself and your Nia community.
What would someone gain from attending a Nia Movement session?
- Increase the pleasure of living in your body
- Facilitate weight loss and proper weight maintenance
- Strengthen muscles, improve muscle tone, and increase muscle definition
- Calm the mind and relieve stress
- Improve endurance
- Increase grace and flexibility
- Balance the autonomic nervous system
- Improve posture and even increase height
- Improve organ function, particularly that of the heart and lungs
- Enhance sensory awareness
- Heighten sexual function
- Build reservoirs of chi energy
- Alleviate emotional problems, including depression, anxiety, and stress
- Improve circulation of blood and improve lymphatic drainage
- Strengthen immunity
- Improve concentration and cognitive function
To check the Nia Movement Session Times at Fresh Holistic Health CLICK HERE