A crispy ketogenic, low carb, grain free, seed cracker with a nice nutty taste of sesame seeds. Great for the evening’s cheese platter.
Skill Level – Beginner (Very Easy)
Time – 15 mins preparation & 1 hr cooking
- 1/3 cup almond meal
- 1/3 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/3 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/3 cup flax seeds or chia seeds
- 1/3 cup sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon psyllium husk powder
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- 1 cup boiling water
- sea salt to sprinkle on top
Instructions are for 30 servings. Please modify as needed.
- Preheat the oven to 150°C. Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl. Add boiling water and coconut oil and mix together. Let the mixture rest for 1 minute or until it becomes gooey.
- Spread out the mixture thinly on a baking sheet lined with baking paper. Sprinkle with sea salt. (this is the key to making them nice and salty like conventional crackers).
- Bake on lower rack for about 45-60 minutes, check occasionally as seeds are heat sensitive.
- Turn off the oven and let them dry in the oven for another 15-20 minutes.
- Break into pieces and you have the perfect accompaniment to your Brie and Red Wine.